Liege - A Party-Based Tactical RPG
View Single Post
June 30th, 2013, 10:46
Sounds like it may be interesting and some good signs:
- "Battles in Liege are tactical and turn-based"
- "they [battles] emerge seamlessly as you wander through the realm." (i.e. no jumping to separate limited battle maps)
- Not writing a graphics engine from scratch (using Cocos 2D).
- "deterministic mechanics that reward skill over blind chance".
- story that is written for an adult audience.
IMOP can't see any reason not to put this type of game on mobiles as long as it developed for large screens first, it's not a processor/GPU intensive game, so PC users aren't losing out from compromises in those areas. After all XCOMEU is being ported to mobile.
Negative is that it's a one man band and there are many recent examples of small scale games where the dev's eyes are so much bigger than their stomachs. And as Yme says probably will be quite short.
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Somerset/London UK
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Roq
Find More Posts by Roq