View Single Post

June 30th, 2013, 11:47
Originally Posted by txa1265 View Post
For nearly 20 years I have been putting music onto electronic devices first in AIFF/WAV … then MP3 … I only ever did the vinyl->cassette transfers.
Vinyl -> Cassette came first.

In the late 80s, it became a custom for me to buy Vinyls, put the Vinyl LPs onto the table, and record the outcome exactly ONCE onto an audio cassette - and then putting the Vinyl LP back into its shelf.

That was the most effective way I could imagine keeping scratches away from them.

CD -> Audio cassette was the next "evolutionary step" for me, especially since CDs can have scratches, too.

As a result, all of my records are in a very, very good shape. I really handle them with care.

The more disappointed I am when I buy used ones - sometimes records I couldn't find in shops anymore, because I had been late - and see how badly used and out-worn they were.

The only recods not treated that well by me are the first ones I had bought. When I was younger, then.

Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction. (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR