View Single Post

July 1st, 2013, 12:43
Originally Posted by Kordanor View Post
F1 and F2 are just too long ago to compare to each other or to the new games. But I'd be interested in hearing why F1 should be better than F2.
Well for starters, FO2 was incredibly buggy. I think a lot of the bugs may have been fixed by unofficial patches since then, (it's been at least a decade since I played it), but I remember it being quite glitchy when I played. Also the effect of some items/ weapons didn't function properly. i.e. armor piercing rounds acting no different than normal ammo, etc.

Bugs aside though, I thought FO2 was good but not great. I definitely enjoyed FO1 more. I think one reason is because FO2 was a little too similar, and I played them back to back. By the time I finished, I was a little burned-out on the whole thing.. I also remember not liking the joinable npcs as much in the sequel, and FO1 had a *much* better ending.

I think I would have liked both games a lot more if we had been given full control over the other party members.

I enjoyed FO3 (modded) a lot more than either of the first 2 games. For some reason I still haven't played NV yet.

JDR13

SasqWatch