View Single Post

July 2nd, 2013, 19:15
Originally Posted by DArtagnan View Post
Hehe, you seem to be under the impression that consumers have the power.

They would have if they weren't so stupid
they do, its just that under the free market system it can seem slow. thanks to gas prices there are more electric cars on the road and there's an explosion in natural gas exploration.

From EA's POV this game no longer has any ROI, so why should they spend any money on it. Why did KotOR2 only get one beta patch?

Worse still, from their POV allowing this game to work means people aren't spending money on new games. Its very short sighted and the corporate culture at EA must be pretty bureaucratic to allow this to happen.

The marketplace will win out. Smaller companies spring up with new models. ie. crowdsourcing is like the Prius.

Originally Posted by Warmark View Post
Yeah exactly, with this online DRM crap I always feel I'm guilty till proven innocent whenever I boot up a game.
yes, without DRM the game wouldn't be pirated. Roq here says it best:

Originally Posted by Roq View Post
I play a lot of MMOs and don't think I've ever got an Error 73003. So you can hardly blame always online connections for that, it's just poor implementation is all. And a lot people will nick anything that isn't tied down and then brag about it, so I'm pretty sympathetic with DRM. Has anyone wondered why practically the only large budget games for PC are MMOs and most everything else is written for consoles? No prizes for guessing the answer to that one.
Its also because console games sell better.

Developer of The Wizard's Grave Android game. Discussion Thread:
http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22520

Lucky Day

Daywatch