View Single Post

July 3rd, 2013, 22:32
Originally Posted by rossrjensen View Post
It sounds a lot like the Sacred games to me. Fortunately I like action RPG's and open world games quite a bit. I would like to hear some impressions. Maybe a comparison/contrast with the Sacred series…
I've been playing it a lot lately and I wouldn't compare it to Sacred too much. It is much slower paced than Sacred. There are no classes at all. All skills are available to everyone and you get 1 point/level for attributes. There are about 35 skills and you get 9 points/level to invest. Each of the 35 skills has a max level of 12 and you can't be a higher level in a skill than your character level.

The game is an exploration/loot acquisition game with moderate combat. There are tons of quests, but they are all very simple. Collect herbs, kill a creature, investigate a ruin, etc.

So far, the lockpicking scheme is the biggest drawback to the game. There are 3 sets of runes to collect for unlocking chests. You might need as many as 50 runes total to collect and they're moderately rare. This means that in the early game, you won't be able to open many locked chests. Not to worry. There is almost never anything in a locked chest that you won't find in an unlocked one three steps away.

Why do I keep playing? Exploration is fun and the amount and variety of loot is very good. I also love collecting items, so the lock thing works for me. I get real excited when I find a lock rune that I didn't have before. I write down the coords of chests I can't open and frequently go back.

crpgnut

Fantasy Novel Archmage
RPGWatch Donor