View Single Post

July 5th, 2013, 02:44
Originally Posted by Sacred_Path View Post
should they make the unfortunate decision to consider this for expert mode, they will have to carefully weigh their options.
One thing that was planned for expert mode from the start were different setups of enemies, i.e. where you only encountered one strong ogre before you might on expert meet an ogre with an assortment of kobold archers and a shaman bearing down on you. This is what expert mode is really about IMO, having mastered the game so you can deal with much larger risks. I don't think I'd appreciate my weapons breaking only because I'm an expert now.
Here's the original writeup from update #9:

Expert Mode will disable all of the common ease-of-use / in-case-you-missed it gameplay elements like the display of skill thresholds, influence/reputation modifiers, and similar "helper" information. In a fashion similar to Fallout: New Vegas' Hardcore Mode, Expert Mode will also enable more punitive and demanding gameplay elements, in and out of combat. We're not saying we're going to have weighty gold (for real, we're not saying that), but if we did, you can bet that would be automatically turned on by Expert Mode.
Perhaps you're thinking of "Path of the Damned"?

rjshae

Bob
RPGWatch Donor