View Single Post

July 5th, 2013, 12:58
Regarding tablets as main computer for work, that depends on the type of work. In hospitals it may very well become the main tool for doctors going from patient to patient, updating their health record (EHR) on the go. We have a project at work looking into that.

And when I was at the radiology conference in Chicago last year, I saw several image viewers for tablets. On a retina display, images are of diagnostic quality. I don't see the tablet as a radiologist's tool, as a standard radiology workstation usually has 3 monitors. But for clinicians it's definitely good enough.

When I'm attending a conference I now mainly use my iPad for viewing handouts and taking notes. In the near future I should also be able to use the pad as a terminal services client to access my at-work computer from far, far away, so I don't have to take a laptop with me for that purpose.

There are a few high quality, complex games methinks, games such as Avadon, Magic, dual of the planeswalkers (didn't bother to check the spelling), but they are far between. I think this has more to do with the market than the capabilities of the tablet (however, I don't see a game like skyrim being ported to a pad). When I'm home I use my desktop (or rather floortop) computer. When I'm travelling I use the pad, but I mostly play games like Tetris, Go, Mahjongg -I'm definitely more casual. Part of that is due to the fact that my journeys are months apart (correct English?) and I'm seldom away for more than a week. That, and the user interface, which I find cumbersome for RPG's (at least those I've tried) makes me stay away from rpg's. Point and click adventures and strategy games seem more adaptable to touch screens (those I've tried).

Pibbur who wrote this on his iPad

d++a58e++TU4567'!S'!89!A!WM!LuC++++u+++uF+++nR——nS ++++wC—-o++++wS——uLB++++

pibbur who

Number 13