View Single Post

July 8th, 2013, 10:23
Originally Posted by Drithius View Post
Was XP previously 32 or 64bit? If 32, you could have some older hardware conflicting with your new 64bit architecture. Perhaps an old NIC or soundcard?

Failing that, have you tried a different driver version for the video card?
I had a 32-bit version of Windows XP installed. I checked the NIC (Realtek PCIe GBE family controller), and it appears to be compatible with Windows 7 64-bit. For sound card, I seem to have two listed in my device manager: AMD High Def. Audio Device and Realtek High Definition Audio…I'm guessing the Realtek is my actual sound card. They should be compatible with Windows 7 64-bit as well. My system is "new" enough that all the hardware should be compatible.

I haven't yet attempted rolling back my graphics card drivers to older versions…perhaps that is something to consider.

Thank you for the quick response Drithius!

Icefire: Thank you for the link, unfortunately I found that on my own and the solutions didn't work (that was where I found how to edit the timeout detection and recovery registry values, and sadly, it didn't solve the problem). Thanks anyway though, I appreciate the help!

Nerevarine

Keeper of the Watch