View Single Post

July 9th, 2013, 00:38
Originally Posted by Thrasher View Post
Also ironic that the people who cry about government instrusions, don't mind the government spying on them or telling them what to do with their vaginas…
There's a fairly significant difference between not having anything to hide and not minding government spying. You're demonstrating that there's a disjoint between what is actually said and what you're hearing.

As for the second point, you're (as usual) broad-brushing over the differences between social conservatives and fiscal conservatives. It's lazy thinking, similar to if I categorized all democrats as eco-terrorists just because the folks even crazier than Greenpeace vote democrat.

I fully agree, though, that the social conservatives have some dissonance between their agenda and a "small government" mentality. That said, from their perspective (which I don't personally endorse, but have at least taken some time to consider) they aren't actually changing the role of government in the slightest but rather changing/clarifying the scope of existing homicide laws.

Sorry. No pearls of wisdom in this oyster.
Dallas Cowboys: *sigh* / / Detroit Red Wings: Took injuries to see them, but how about them youngsters!

dteowner

Shoegazer