View Single Post

July 10th, 2013, 20:59
I finished the maps and I'm just testing them to make sure the I can go up and down and the ladders line up right.

I've found two bugs in the process. One bug causes the minimap to leave blank spots. I've traced this to combat not replacing the original tile but it doesn't happen 100% of the time. Its also not (directly) related to resting while in camp mode. It doesn't appear to be related to a rare back to back combat issue where it accidentally stacks. I think I can correct it though.

I had my nephews with me on vacation over the long weekend so I had them playtest it. After they got past "no swiping but tapping" controls they started to get into and even started giving each other advice. This is a really good sign! They were happy that the game now had a lot more substance then when I had them test it last year.

I did discover one major bug where the save game doesn't load properly for the first person viewpoint. The minimap seems fine though. Argh! I'm sure it has to do with changing one of the tiles. Y'see I rewrote the map storage as an XML array rather than an array within the code itself.

Developing levels came easiest in MS Word tables of all things. I tried that Wizardry mapmaker we advertisted a few months back but it wasn't quite right.

Anyways, after using 'w' as my wall tile I dound the dash ( '-' ) made my maps much more readable. So, I think my redrawing of the save game is blocked by that. I'll need more research of course.

Developer of The Wizard's Grave Android game. Discussion Thread:
http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22520

Lucky Day

Daywatch