Here is an example why iPad can handle complex PC games
View Single Post
July 10th, 2013, 22:34
Originally Posted by
Looking forward to it.
Do we have any word on expected playtime?
Well, I got about an hour of play on the plane (still beta testing another iPad game which is using most of my time). Some thoughts:
- FPS on iPad = guaranteed compromise. For me, that means managing the frustration of how much better it would play on a PC.
- Hybrid controls - helps manage frustration
Tap to cover is a decent system.
- Graphics - quite solid, on the level of X-COM.
- Performance - also solid. I always reboot the iPad after installing a demanding game to free memory, and didn't have a single issue.
- Story - very average, haven't read the book it works from, but since the game is episodic it might get better (heck, it might get better as I play)
- Enemies - remember the
Ctrl-Alt-Del comic about Thief Deadly Shadows
? Yeah, they are THAT dumb … maybe even dumber.
- Stealth - I am not the greatest stealth player, but I still found my play hampered by the enemy AI.
- Overall gameplay … mediocre. FPS stuff easily the worst part of the game.
Based on an hour I would say ~3/5 stars would be as high as I would go - definitely not 2/5, but certainly no higher than 3/5.
For $6.99 I have already had a reasonable amount of fun and don't feel ripped off, but if you are looking for a true DX experience this is the worst thing since Invisible War crapped all over my hard drive in 2003 …
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Corning, NY USA
View Public Profile
Send a private message to txa1265
Visit txa1265's homepage!
Find More Posts by txa1265