View Single Post

July 15th, 2013, 20:21
Originally Posted by DArtagnan View Post
Fair enough… Overall, I'd probably rate NWN2 OC 7 or 7.5 - mostly because I'm such a huge fan of D&D 3.5.

I found the story somewhat interesting - though the ending was a bit of a letdown. But the engine, UI, camera, beginning and so on all drag it down quite a bit.

I found the original NWN miles ahead of NWN2 in terms of UI and controls. Visually, NWN2 is an improvement - but it's also incredibly slow and clunky.

I believe I argued those points when I spoke against the engine in relation to the recent BG mod release. I really think it's a bad engine to pick for such a mod.
Interesting, I frequently find my own ratings be a solid point above those of other people. 9s and 10s are no-man's land but if I can firmly say something has been worth my time it's more than likely to get an 8.

I noticed the ending discussion thread in the spoilers subforum and couldn't initially understand what it was about. I was certainly less invested in the characters than most.

Originally Posted by Thrasher View Post
Kostas, I could have provided you with links to mods to improve the UI, font size, plus config settings to fix the camers. I've posted this info previsously, so if anyone wants to avoid those issues, just search for my posts. I am starting forget how I did it back then…

Cheers!
Would have been easy had you not had 8K posts I'll look into it.
I used the 2 mods mentioned here. Regarding camera I found Character Mode to require the least mouse-fu and since it worked 90% of the time I got used to it.

I'd just like to interject here and point out that I'm not going to say anything to spoil the mood, Chief. I'll just float here and watch. Don't mind me, just sitting here, floating and watching, that's me.

Kostas

Dormant Watcher