View Single Post

July 16th, 2013, 15:10
Originally Posted by dteowner View Post
I'm really hating the crazy timing on stuff now, though. Shows taking 3 months off around XMas, shows starting in early August, shows not starting until late October… I miss the bad old days when everything came out at the beginning of September, ran until the week before Christmas, and then the midseason replacements rolled out in January and ran thru May. Now it's nearly impossible to keep track of what's happening when.
I had those problems but solved it by turning my old PC into a sort of IPTV "decoder". It's complicated to set it up properly and to explain would be even more complicated as you have to pinpoint on which ports streams are being delivered.
By doing this, I can record anything I want and space is not the issue as in the PC is 500GB HDD. That PC is connected to my TV and I'm not using it for anything else any more. The only software you need to buy for this is ProgDVB (http://www.progdvb.com/ and IMO is really cheap) and then you need to waste hours, even days to find correct IP addresses and ports.

But my IPTV provider added a cheap "recorder" service that can store you 30 hours of anything and is easy to use so I'm using that thing. In case it turns out to be something I want to keep and rerun in a year, two, more, or show to my friends/family, I rerecord it on PC too. Dunno if I'm doing something illegal by this. I'm not selling or sharing that stuff on cloud storages (Megaupload, Rapidshare, etc) so maybe it's not illegal.

Toka Koka

joxer

The Smoker
RPGWatch Donor