View Single Post

July 17th, 2013, 13:11
Originally Posted by joxer View Post
The source is not GameBanshee but an interview here:
http://www.thealistdaily.com/news/to…kbuster-world/

In short, Ubisoft will concentrate only on stuff they can make a franchise from. They don't want to make (risk) a new IP that will never get a sequel or spin-off even if successful or in other words, if Jade Empire was published by them, we'd finally see another JE. If they were behind KoToR, hell, we'd see KoToR 5 already.

I can't care less for Watch Dogs, but FC3 and the silly spin-off were something that'll make me buy FC4 for sure. HoMM6 was fun, I'll buy HoMM7 too no matter the sad story behind it. And if JDR blesses AC3, hell, I could try that one too. If mobs don't respawn ofc.

But is it really good? I don't see how thousands of Nancy Drew games are positive for the adventure genre. Don't we need more variety?
Sure we need variety but not necessarily from ubisoft. There are plenty of other developers making games so if they want to focus on just franchises more power to them.

No interest in watch dogs? To each there own but that game looks excellent and would fall in to the variety category I would think.

sakichop

SasqWatch