Originally Posted by txa1265
OK, a few things:
- We cannot PROVE that Zimmerman was racially motivated - nor can we prove he was NOT. Therefore please stop calling it 'nonsense' - it is a matter of reasonable dispute.
- We know he singled out Martin to pursuit based on his appearance - not necessarily skin color, but because he decided Martin 'looked suspicious'.
- HOWEVER, have the 911 recordings which have him use terms like 'them', 'that type', 'those people' and so on.
- THEREFORE it is at least inferentially true that he was grouping Martin with a larger stereotype and associating that with guilt. While we cannot directly state that it was skin color, there is strong circumstantial evidence at this point.
- There is also some potential evidence (in dispute based on clarity of background from 911 call) of Zimmerman using racial slurs against Martin at some point in the incident.