View Single Post

July 23rd, 2013, 13:41
Originally Posted by DArtagnan View Post
What? Gothic 2 was entirely scripted. That's the PB approach - and while I agree it was fantastic for immersion, it's not technically innovative in any way whatsoever.
I get that - but I got a new laptop after a few dozen hours of Oblivion, and started again. And guess what - I saw the same people doing the same things that I had seen before. The frantic horsemen, the people in shops and on the streets. Same, same, same.

I have combat that's MUCH better and more visceral than Morrowind - ESPECIALLY if you enjoy playing a stealth/archer character, which just happens to be my favorite kind of character.
I tried to acknowledge that, while also noting that for my character type there wasn't a huge difference. So again it is something that depends on how you play.

You have a great physics system that makes dungeons more interactive - and gives the whole tacticle feel a great boost..
If you come from a FPS background like me the physics system was a joke - rag doll out of control - again, games a few years older did it better.

Also, there were 2 or 3 dungeons … repeated infinitely. Which is true of pretty much everything in the game. There was almost nothing of interest. It was almost like Bethesda said 'no one plays full games, so we can just copy and paste and no one will notice' and intersperse a dozen hours of interesting stuff with tons of copy & paste fluff filler.

You have one of the best written storylines of the entire TES series - called the Dark Brotherhood storyline. Fantastic stuff.
Very true - those few hours are the standout of the entire game.

— Mike

txa1265

SasqWatch