View Single Post

July 25th, 2013, 14:23
Originally Posted by bjon045 View Post
Just a few corrections: You get 7 points per level and there is a shoot until dead, shift- right click.
Thanks. I'll verify this when I get home and then correct the article.

The second biggest problem is the money issue. By the mid-game you have more money than you can spend. 200k for clearing a city. 1 million for finding a box of cereal (come on……).
Yes, there was too much money. But it's like that in most games. Powergamers pick up and sell everything.

The mechanics are also quite badly explained. I was struggling in the midgame (max difficulty + fog) until i figured out that you shouldn't actually aim in most scenarios as shooting from the hip is far faster until you get weapons like the G11 which fires at an acceptable rate in the crouch position. The sniper mechanics are big crappy with fog turned on as well as it pretty much makes it impossible to get a range shot in unless your using a spotter behind cover as once you have a target you can still keep shooting if you loose sight on them.
The latter point is a normal consequence of the fog. If you want fog you have to uncover a target before you can shoot it.

Overall I did actually like the game and I would maybe give it a 7/10. It's just sad that with a bit more love and turn based combat it could have been so much better.
Yeah, 7/10 sounds about right. And they should really have aimed higher.

Gorath

Prime Evil
RPGWatch Team