View Single Post

July 28th, 2013, 03:03
Originally Posted by Kostas View Post
I gave Divinity 2 an hour and was annoyed by how far the camera was. I gave Risen 2 less than that and was annoyed by the combat and the lack of a proper tutorial.
I've played through both, and they're very good games. You can adjust the camera distance in Divinity 2 with your mouse, but it's not the standard mouse-wheel zoom. It's annoying at first, but I got used to it quickly. Fantastic soundtrack and lots of humorous easter eggs in that game.

Risen 2 is underrated imo, and it's a great game if you're in the mood for the pirate theme and tropical setting. There's very little hand-holding, and it's not an easy game in the early going.

But yeah… it sounds like you're just burned out on RPGs at the moment.

Originally Posted by Kostas View Post
I'm still dedicated on working on my backlog. I just think I need something radically different. Out of the games I'm willing to play (holding off all 2D classics or humongous open world RPGs till fall) there's a mix of sci-fi and light-to-no-RPG-elements games. Mass Effect, Alpha Protocol, Deus Ex1, latest Hitman, and Dishonored or Metro Last light which I both expect to be expensive.
You've never played the original Deus Ex? I'd say play that before any of the other games you mention. Get the New Vision mod to update the textures.

I've played through all those games except for Alpha Protocol. If you're looking for something that's not going to eat too much time, then I recommend both Dishonored and Last Light. I assume you've already played Metro 2033? If not, then play that prior to Last Light.

JDR13

SasqWatch