Thread: Pricewatch!
View Single Post

July 28th, 2013, 04:29
Originally Posted by JDR13 View Post
GOG is having a sale on games from Russian developers over the weekend. There are a lot of strategy games in the sale including Eador: Masters of the Broken World, the King's Bounty games, and the UFO series.

http://www.gog.com/promo/soviet_strategy_strike_260713

I'm temtped to grab Eador. Can anyone tell me if they've squashed most of the bugs that were present when it was released?
I've been playing Eador almost every available hour for the last 3 weeks or so. I find it very addictive, 'one more turn' to its full.

So far I've experienced one almost-game-ending bug in the campaign, that was 2 weeks ago before last patch so don't know if whatever caused it fixed it. Luckily the game auto-saves like for 5 turns and also every time you are out in 'space', so I was able to reload a previous saved game and didn't even lose anything. Also considering I've probably put like 200 hours in it, 1 bug is ok.

In last patch they made the tutorial and the first 3 difficulty levels easier, so this may not apply anymore, but in general for the first shards (tiny/small) play with a warrior or scout (I think the best is tiny shards with warrior, small shards with warrior or scout, medium and large with scout). Wizards and Commanders shine late in the game when you're playing large+ shards.

wolfing

Wonders what SasqWatch is