View Single Post

July 28th, 2013, 15:35
I found Alpha Protocol to be much better than its reputation lead me to believe. Not a fan of the mouse and keyboard controls for hacking, reminds me of an Avellone interview where he discussed the advantage of PC only being controls not having to "work" for multiple platforms. Felt like it was obviously designed around console controller dual joysticks to me. It's on the short side but your decisions throughout the game absolutely have some degree of impact on the story. The leveling system and combat is nothing special (stealth is almost always an option too), though I did like the perks gained from decisions/intel gathering.

Within the last 2 weeks I beat: The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing, Sleeping Dogs, and Gunpoint. Knocked out the vanilla SR:R campaign and have poked around a lot in Reus (worth a look if you're into the genre imo).

Kind of trying to figure out what I want to commit to next. Have tried some Terraria, Inquisitor, Kenshi, Prison Architect, StarDrive and Endless Space but none of them, except Endless, really grabbed me for more than a few hours.

Will probably test out Mount & Blade, Bastion, and Eschalon in the near future.

greywolf00

Sentinel