View Single Post

July 29th, 2013, 17:36
I love Skyrim - think it's one of the best RPGs ever made.

I almost never care for mods for games though.

I look thru list of "must have" and blah blah mods for Skyrim and zero of them appeal. But that's modding - some people love the stuff - I don't.

I tried a few UI mods to deal with the lame as hell console-influenced pile of shit that is the Skyrim UI on PC and they didn't work for me much better.

IMO, as a developer, there is a reason why professional developers create the games to begin with, and why the amateurs are doing mods, and this almost always manifests itself what gets created.

There are exceptions. But, in general, mods don't match or improve the quality of games vs what the pros and original designers do in the first place - to me at least. Ie, if the modders could create games, instead of hacking other people's creations, then they would be developers, but they are not. /shrug

For some, the modding scene extends games for them - and that's great. Doesn't really work for me.

For some, modding IS the game and doing this wannabe development is more fun for them than actually playing, and that's great too.

Voqar

PC Gaming Snob