View Single Post

July 30th, 2013, 09:44
Originally Posted by Ihaterpg View Post
That's rude, a first point is you contradict yourself when you highlight Grimrock, you was reproaching dev to be lazy or not enough hungry and reproduce the same models. But you highlight what's a deliberate and assumed but still a clone. I don't say Grimrock isn't great that's for me the best RPG release that year, but you was contradicting yourself.
What? Could we try English?

The second point is comparing both is like comparing rocks and apples. Grimrock is about 1% of the size of SRR on many points, text and dialogs, graphics, diversity of environment, number of items. The classes and skills in Grimrock isn't more than 10% than what's in SRR. Now SRR has problably 1% of puzzles in Grimrock.
I don't agree with that at all.

Shadowrun is a bunch of static maps with extremely limited interactivity - and a barebones combat system. There's more text in Shadowrun, sure, but I could write more text in a shorter time by myself.

I mean Grimrock is a wonderful achievement but it's still a direct clone and not many RPG can use such low resource approach.
Direct clone?

You mean to say you're not aware that Shadowrun Returns is trying to DIRECTLY emulate specific Shadowrun games from the past? That was one of the goals, actually.

DArtagnan

Waste of potential