View Single Post

August 2nd, 2013, 15:43
I'm trying to figure out what to play next after realizing it won't be the Blade of Destiny remake.

I messed around with Baldur's Gate EE for a bit this morning. I wanted to be reminded what a real RPG felt like after playing Shadowrun Returns.

It was nice to see that all of the bugs I noticed at release have been fixed. I hope Beamdog gets their shit straightened out with Atari soon because I really want to see the things they listed for their next patch.

I also played Rise of the Triad for awhile. I'm glad I didn't pay much for that game because it's nothing like what I thought it would be. I guess I didn't really know what to expect though as I had never played the original.

It might be the "gamiest" first-person shooter I've ever played. Jumping on and off moving platforms to collect giant floating coins is not my idea of a good time. It's also a very poorly optimized game, and the mouse aiming is beyond terrible.

I might go back to Shadow Warrior Classic Redux, and Batman: Arkham Asylum is also calling my name…

JDR13

SasqWatch