View Single Post

August 4th, 2013, 12:25
Originally Posted by HiddenX View Post
Plus there is a trend in internet forums in general to concentrate on negative things.
The willingness to call on others forum members or even attack them is rising.
You've been in the SWTOR forums lately ? Their PvP sub-forums are the worst I've ever seen.
But some say that WOW is even worse.
Originally Posted by HiddenX View Post
Maybe it is the trend of increased self-presentation (Facebook, Blogs etc.) that increases everybodys Ego and tarnishes the ability to empathize/understand others and decreases the We/Us in forum user groups.
Interesting thought … Yes, this could be it - but I'd say it's an rise of the "I want everything, and I want it nao !" belief system + combined with an "please bring these things to me, because I'm the almighty customer" belief system.

What everyone acknowledges - and that in a *lot* of discussions ! - about SWTOR is the severe LACK of self-initiative. No-one searches for something - all they do is ask. And people believe that this is an symptome of a younger gaming generation. To be led, for example by quest markers.

Without quest markers, younger gamers just wouldn't buy the game anymore. They just wouldn't. They'd call it BEEEEP, "buggy" and they'd label it as "unplayable".

Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction. (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR