View Single Post

August 5th, 2013, 02:32
Originally Posted by wolfing View Post
Not me. I'd rather pay a lower price point, and pay for the extras I want. I don't care about the extra music. I don't care about the extra family shields. I may or may not care about the region-specific music. I don't care about rule designer, so I'm ok with paying $30 + $5 +$2 for the exact things I want, than $50.
The music stuff isn't really what I was referring to (though it seems silly to sell separately, as does the sprites but that's nothing new for them). The ruler creator absolutely should have been included imo. Legacy of Rome added a bunch of stuff that could have been in the base game. The Republic at least has a niche in adding a unique flavor to some countries. Don't have Sunset so unsure of the added value there but, being their first nonhistoric, I can see why keeping that optional is a good idea. The Old Gods is the first real substantial addition and I don't have an issue with that being separate or its price point (though I dislike the Norse units & portraits being separate DLC).

greywolf00

Sentinel