View Single Post

August 5th, 2013, 03:49
Originally Posted by guenthar View Post
So you think that they should not have released it rather then release it and then patch it like they are doing. In the first case no one would be able to play it and it would have been a financial disaster for Coreplay which has the potential of causing small developers to go out of business.
Of course it shouldn't have been released. Are you even serious? Why would you think it's reasonable for people to sell games they haven't even finished, as if they're completed products.

What you mentioned about games being pulled off of the shelves is not entirely true. There were a few games that were in pretty horrible condition on release that never got pulled from the shelves like Ultima 9.
I bought Ultima 9 when it came out, and you're right, it wasn't in great shape. So I waited until later to play it, because Ultima meant a lot to me and I didn't want that experience tarnished. But that game was playable, if you wanted to. I knew many people who did play it on release. Nothing like this game. Most of its actual issues were due to not testing against a wide enough variety of graphics hardware, this game has no such excuses.

Stingray

Sentinel