View Single Post

August 5th, 2013, 09:55
Originally Posted by Roq View Post
Maybe not - but you are trying to change it from what it is to what every other game out there is. Paradox games are sandbox simulators where you can play out alternative history scenarios, they aren't action RTSs where the focus is on beating the AI in combat. Adding that element would be a massive step in the wrong direction for most hardcore fans of the game, whether it was as an option or not and would take development resources that are better used elsewhere.
No, I'm not trying to change what it is into action RTSs - what nonsense is that?

I'm simply talking about adding an optional combat system that's more tangible than adjusting sliders for people who want it.

Stop talking nonsense.

"Massive step in the wrong direction" = massive hyperbole.

As to visualization, sliders etc. Yes they could improve that area and it could reduce the steep learning curves a bit and make decisions more impactful. They are working on that and it will be interesting to see how the new point allocation works in this respect.
Exactly - so what's the big deal? Take a deep breath.

Comparing Bethesda games, I don't reckon they've made much progress in adding features that make the game more enjoyable since Morrowind. In fact the scaling in Oblivion and Skyrim largely screw up any RPG elements that the games have. Paradox games OTOH are moving in the right direction - that is for *most* of their fans.
We're not talking about making games more enjoyable for you - but about significant changes to both the engine and gameplay.

You have no idea what "most fans" of Paradox games would prefer. You know what YOU prefer - and I know what I prefer.

We can but guess what "fans" would prefer, and I'm here postulating that most fans would prefer more tangible gameplay, if implemented correctly.

I think you're being overly defensive by creating straw men - claiming I'm out to turn EU into an action RTS.

That's a weak response - and has nothing to do with what I'm saying.

DArtagnan

Waste of potential