View Single Post

August 5th, 2013, 15:20
I personally prefer romances in rpg's, especially ones that are done well. Anti-romance game devs(won't name names, but I'm sure some will guess who)turn me away from their games causing me to look elsewhere for my rpg fix. Same sex romances don't upset or offend me, as long as they are optional. And I recall one game dev(can't recall his name atm) who said that same sex romances should only exist in games with "dark" settings. I'd have to strongly disagree with that, I know a same sex couple, a pair of lesbians, and I see nothing at all "dark" about them or their relationship. They are happy, nice, caring people.
I prefer games with interesting storylines. To me, romances make the games more interesting. If I have to choose between 2 rpg's that both look interesting, but one has romances and one does not, I'll choose the one with romances. And if anyone wondered, I have real life romance, game romance is not some sort of substitute for real romance, at least not in my case. That said, great game romances can't compare to great real life romances, naturally.

The Hulk

Watchdog