Everquest Next - News Roundup
View Single Post
August 6th, 2013, 02:11
Things I liked from the video:
- Cities and stuff being developed by the players over months, and staying there.
- I liked the camera-based emoticons I think.
Things I didn't like from the video:
- Art style, definitely didn't like at all.
- Multi-classing everybody-is-everything, definitely didn't like this, at all. I liked EQ *because* of its class-based system.
- Twitchy combat. Just this alone would kill it for me.
- No levels… ok? I liked EQ1 because of the levels and how long it took to reach max (in fact, after playing it like 2 years, I never made it to max).
- Woosh/Waash/Kaboom! Again, when every action you perform goes with a super-animation, then they lose their shine.
- Double jump, SERIOUSLY???
About a year ago SOE opened an old-school Everquest 1 server, with the original ruleset, and each expansion occurring every month or so in the order they came. I tried it just to see… I hadn't had so much fun playing an MMO since many years before. It wasn't nostalgia at all, it was really fun to play EQ1 as how it was, with required grouping, with the down-times, with the slow-leveling, etc. I guess that's what I was hoping EQ Next would be, back to the awesomeness of EQ1 with refreshed lore, graphics, UI, but maintaining the core gameplay. Alas, I couldn't have been more wrong. What I got instead was some sort of Minecraft/Golden Axe hybrid.
Join Date: Sep 2008
View Public Profile
Send a private message to wolfing
Find More Posts by wolfing