View Single Post

August 6th, 2013, 10:53
Originally Posted by DArtagnan View Post
Seriously?
Seriously!
An invitation is something you can refuse - and if talking about these things are based on invites - then he's not refusing them a whole lot
Why should he? If people invite you to talk about something, it indicates that there are people who want to hear your thoughts about that topic. If press picks it up it indicates furhter that there is an interest in the discussion.

In any case, the guy can talk about whatever he wants. Be he's exposing himself in the media - and people are responding to it.
Oh noes!!!
Personally, I'm just sick of hearing about the same things from the same guy over and over again, that's all. Maybe it's because I think it's about 0.1% relevant for a computer game - and I'd rather hear about something truly relevant.
But that, as you like to say "is just you".

(Edit: and maybe the fact that it's always the same guy actually shows that there really still is a problem?)

But I'd never try to stop him talking about a topic so obviously dear to his heart.
Me neither. Aren't we generous!

That said, I think people in the minority would help themselves more by not shining a light on an issue that shouldn't be an issue - because they're helping it be an issue.
But it is still an issue. We had hompophobe posts not long ago on this very board. They are rampant on the Codex. I agree that gaming is really a minor playing field. But it is one of many. Generally speaking G/L rights, and even more how (as a society but also each of us personally) we deal with homosexuals in our everyday life is still very much an issue. And in some countries a very serious issue, sometimes of life and death (Russia, many arab and african countries). So IMHO, being tired of hearing it is really not a very good reason here. And really, I don't think shutting up is a good strategy for minorities. They need to be loud or they will not be heard.

GhanBuriGhan

Wose extraordinaire