View Single Post

August 6th, 2013, 14:10
Originally Posted by GhanBuriGhan View Post
I didn't mean "you should!" just that to have furhter discussion such a person would make more sense. If you're not interested in hearing from the people this actually concerns, that's your prerogative.
I was having an interesting discussion with someone that seemed to have a relatively strong opinion about these things, and which I honestly thought would consider himself competent to talk about human nature and the quality of Bioware writing.

But actively seeking outside input from a minority as if that minority understood our nature better than other people is not within my area of interest.

Never!
Well, I see your point.

The interesting thing is that people who claim to not feel competent enough to comment, strangely enough tend to feel confident enough to comment on the confidence of others.

As in: "I don't feel comfortable talking about this, so this guy talking about it shouldn't feel confident either. At the very least, I'm certainly going to question his confidence - because it's not likely he knows what he's talking about - since I don't."

So, if you were REALLY not feeling confident enough to comment, you'd probably entertain the possibility that I actually knew what I was talking about.

Maybe you just feel comfortable not talking about your actual opinions - but if you think you can convince me that you don't have them or that you're not qualified to speak about them - that's not going to happen

Yup!

DArtagnan

Waste of potential