View Single Post

August 11th, 2013, 01:24
I've never quit a game based on annoying enemies, but there are some enemies that frustrated me whenever I would fight them.

The one that comes to mind is the most recent game I've spent time with, Oblivion. In Oblivion, goblins are the worst! I believe the strongest were shamans and warlords, and man, no matter how high a level you were or what weapon you were using, they took a million hits to kill. Very annoying.

In Skyrim, fighting ancient dragons was a bit annoying in town, because it took me a long time to realize that you could run out of town and have the dragon follow you. It took me a good while of fighting the dragon while it was only landing on rooftops (and I was no marksman), while the dragon torched everyone in the town, killing most everyone. Finally I discovered that if I ran out of town where there were no buildings to land on, I could finally take the dragon on without all those casualties and frustrations. And the funny thing is, it took me FOREVER to figure this out. I was fighting this one dragon for about 20 minutes of pure annoyance before finally figuring it out.

I don't really get frustrated easily, though. I usually quit games because I simply burn out from playing them, rather than some challenge in the game forcing me to quit.

Fluent

RPG Fiend
RPGWatch Team