View Single Post

August 12th, 2013, 11:13
Originally Posted by mogwins View Post
Sure, the fight's easy to beat. But challenge lies in beating the 20 goons without getting hit at all or breaking your flow. The the combat system's really strategic and fluid. That was the best place I found to really flex your abilities.
Yes, the combat system was good and elegant - but it takes more than combat to keep me entertained, unfortunately.

Then again, I didn't go for perfect execution - because I had all the cool toys by then. I don't get excited by big numbers if I don't really get anything out of it

I tend to agree about the needless collectables, and Assassin's Creed's feathers are a prime example. But Batman's collectables where far more interesting, many involving some kind of riddle/puzzle or rewarding with background story.
It's true that some of it was pretty cool - but it's really just tiny bits of story that doesn't fit all that well together.

Unlike games like System Shock and Bioshock, I didn't feel the logs "belonged" and they felt mostly like incidental bits of interviews that didn't tie into the story much at all.

Better than nothing, sure, but not enough to make me excited about exploration.

Exploration was not as strong as I thought it would be.

Not a bad game - just not that good either.

DArtagnan

Waste of potential