View Single Post

August 18th, 2013, 01:36
She's still mad about it? If you're going to make yourself visible to the community and not hide within your corporate office the way some developers do, then you need to know how to deal with criticism. Granted, death threats and sexually-flavored insults aren't your usual kind of criticism, but that's how things are on the internet/twitter/FB/etc and she should have learned to deal with it.

Hepler's problem was that she was very combative towards the community, and when people pushed her buttons she pushed back…in a very bad way. You can google the things she said about her fan's sexuality and such, so I won't retype them here, but she fanned the flames of war herself and made things far worse than they needed to be. Had she simply ignored them, counted her blessings for having such an awesome job and realized this sort of thing comes with the territory then this wouldn't have escalated.

You don't feed trolls, and she didn't learn that.

That being said, I don't like her writing or her attitude. I'm more of an Avellone fanboy myself. Dragon Age 2's writing was abysmally bad and many of the sidequests seemed to drag on far too long. Just play the Aveline romance side quest if you want an example of how awkward the writing is. I can't remember how many times I literally cringed in pain at the dialog.

DungeonHack

DOS Addict