View Single Post

August 18th, 2013, 11:13
I've been in psychological therapy for 3 years now for harassment/bullying that was done to me 20 years ago. It led to a sociophobia in my case.

Someone taking things so lightly with an "oh, she's still mad about that" is to me someone who isn't considering the consequences of harssment.

And, consequently, such a person who isn't aware of the consequences of harassment to a singly person just isn't mature enough to me.

Because "matureness" implies to me being aware of the consequences of the own deeds.

But shrugging harassment off with an "she's still mad about that ?", with the word "mad" implying in mentally insane person (or at least state), not implying a sane, mature person being able to properly think, is something I just cannot tolerate. Calling her "mad" is in insult.

And yes, now he's going to call me "mentally ill" as well, because I'm "outed" myself as having been in therapy for harassment. He will even go so far as to throw me out from these boards because "mentally ill people have no place here". If I had been a member of the staff, he'd demand to throw me out of that as well, because "mentally ill people" just "shouldn't do reviews".

That's the behaviour I'm expecting from him right now.

And - to be frank - in such an hostile environment like the Bioware forums during DA2 height times, my "outin" would have been an more than welcome fodder for the harassers ! They'd try their VERY BEST to fid out who I am - and mke a Gustl Mollath out of me !

Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction. (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR