View Single Post

August 19th, 2013, 03:00
Err.. do you actually have to pay for "early access" or is this at least free unless you pre-purchase the boxed version? I would expect at least the digital version to be free since this sounds 100% like a public beta test and not like "early access".

First, you can only play the first act or about 20% of the game so this makes this more of a demo more than anything.

Secondly, this is from their own page on "early access"…
What were aware of:

We obviously have some topics in mind, we are either not yet satisfied with or features which are simply not yet implemented as the version will still be WIP (work in progress):

- The game FPS performance is not as good as it could be.

- The implementation of what we call "interactions". We have not yet implemented all the interactions we have in mind. We are lacking the small interactions granting you an attribute point, healing your party, increasing your resistance, etc.

- While we are still working on animations of some 3D models we will not finalize all of it for Early Access. To put it simple: Some animations could be better its just a matter of time.

- Balancing remains still WIP.

That doesn't sound to me like the game is really anywhere near finished at all. And being able to heal the party or assigning attribute points (IMHO essential) is considered a "small interaction"? WTF?
The game is scheduled for release in early 2014. Why this early access public beta now? Why collect money from people now? Has their budget spun out of control and do they need to recoup some of their costs? What gives?

This is really weird…

And the next two paragraphs are not exactly too encouraging either, especially the "what we are not interested in" part. Hey, sure, thanks a lot for using people as beta testers and then not even being willing to listen to all they have to say.

Nope. This is definitely not getting any of my money before the full game plus all of the already announced DLC is released (= complete edition).

Moriendor

Spielkind