View Single Post

August 19th, 2013, 03:58
Originally Posted by Vindicator View Post
I really want the boxed edition with the cloth map… which will be "available in all countries except the US because of constraints, we are not able to influence." What the hell does that mean? Does anyone know why the boxed version, the sequel to the classic American CRPG series, won't be sold in the USA??
Doesn't surprise me I learned this lesson many times before and we can blame digital downloads for that. It's cheaper and for some reason they think no one wants boxed copy's in the US anymore.

I'm reminded of Divinity 2: Ego Draconis and Two worlds 2 . You had to import a collector version.
Originally Posted by Moriendor View Post
What I think is wrong with all this is that this is a AAA publisher using this feature. Ubi could very easily afford professional QA and a fully polished release version without any need to pre-release the game in exchange for cash in its beta stage.

This kind of abuse is undermining the core concepts of Kickstarter and could potentially lead to damaging the entire principle of crowdfunding.
I agree as I said I knew AAA publishers would be using it. Money now instead of when the game is released it's an instant win for them.

"We must stand strong my fellow watchers against the horde of red trolls."

RPGWatch News Editor & Moderator
Last edited by Couchpotato; August 19th, 2013 at 10:00.

Couchpotato

LazyGamer
RPGWatch Team