View Single Post

August 19th, 2013, 17:35
It looked more actioney to me - I think it was the "roll behind the guy with a shield to strike him from behind" moment. It implied twitch combat to me. The massive darkspawn dudes with the shields in the Legacy DLC were a bit like this, but my impression from this video was that they intended to take this twitch element even further this time. But yeah maybe I'm jumping to conclusions (it happens!), so I'll watch for future updates and see how it looks.

Originally Posted by azarhal View Post
You do know that DA2 on consoles have optional auto-attacks, right? They are not optional on the PC, you can't turn them off.
I played it on the xbox - you initially had to press a button for every attack. When I first played it I nearly blew a fuse!! I played as a mage, and was just hammering the button all the time to spam long distance attacks. It was horrific. To be fair, Bioware patched it very quickly (within a week or two I think) to add an auto-attack option, which made it playable.

This is the kind of thing I mean though - the combat can't be all things to all people. I felt the DA2 combat lacked focus by trying to do too many things, and ending up doing none of them particularly well. I hope they have more focus this time.

Pongo

Watchdog
RPGWatch Donor