View Single Post

August 24th, 2013, 14:35
  • The title "Ryre of Rome" made me wonder whether this was by Crytek ? You know, they always have an "y" in their titles …
  • What actually blew me away as the far most creative game of everything I've seen there was "contrast" ! Take a look at it ! It's like some kind of jump & run game - and you use shadows as platforms ! It also tells a story … Everything's styled so in an 20s of the last Century style …
  • Skylanders are one step ahead of the industry : You will soon be able to swap upper body with lowe body …
  • www.the-art-of-games.com is selling prints of game art - rebate code from their "fact sheert" or how this is called : TAOGGC2013 - no idea how long it lasts (no dates given)
  • New kind of earphones : They send the sound directly via your earbones : "vivitouch"
  • Noomix - comic-like shooter multi-platform : For Lin, Win, Mac - noomix.at - not much else information on their pamphlet
  • Sound Of Games -> downloadable songs during the Games Com : http://www.sound-of-games.com/media/…-the-celts.mp3 - haven't found the other one I knew anymore. It's in the official Games Com magazine.
  • This above mentiones sond is described as being for a game called "Celtic Tribes" and is said that the makers used "authentic Celtic instruments" (the archaeologist in me shudders) and that they let a "female master soprano sing Celtic texts".
  • Creatures Online was there, too !

Okay, I think that's it for now …

PS4 specs according to the fact sheet handed out at the Games Com :
  • CPU : "user-defined [?] 1-chip processor, CPU = 8-core X86-64 AMD "Jaguar" with small energy consumption"
  • GPU = 1,84 Teraflops, AMD Radeon engine, next generation
  • Memory = GDDR5 8 GB
  • Harddisk = 500 GB, BD/DVD Drive (write-protected) BD 6xCAV, DVD 8xCAV [what's "cav" ?]
  • Input/Output = Super-Speed USBx (USB3.9-Port x2, AUX-Port x1,
  • Communication = Ethernet (10Base-T, 100Base-TX, 1000Base-T), IEEE 802,11 b/g/n [what does this bgn mean ?], Bluetooth 2.1 (EDR) [what does EDR mean ?]
  • AV-Output = HDMI, Digital output (optical) [?]
  • Camera
  • Mono speaker & headset, pluggable, "High-Fidelity" [how is that possible with Mono ?]
  • Dualshock 4
  • App
  • "Remote-play" with Pc Vita

Attended an small SWTOR event as well.
The USB drive (everyone got one) tells me that more Varactyl mounts might be coming, and Dewback mounts as well. Additional Tauntaun mounts, too. Astromech droid pets (half the size of the in-game Astromechs) are coming, too. All of these were concept drawings, though.

Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction. (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR