Might and Magic 3: Isles of Terra
View Single Post
Might and Magic 3: Isles of Terra Sound&Music
August 25th, 2013, 21:07
Just started replaying this gem after 20 years. Since I don`t have the real Roland device I figured I should get the best possible sound&music combination via software emulation. Been searching the net for whole weekend and found some instructions and info on various forums but none seem to work properly.
Here is a simple guide for best sound&music you can get in Might and Magic 3 beside the real Roland device. This has been tested on windows 8 64 bit and Windows 7 32 bit and works flawlessly. Beautiful music very close to real device like in this video.
1. Download and install the latest version of Taewoong DOSBox SVN (already includes Munt software)
2. Download and extract the MT-32 and CM-32L ROM control sets (
3. For Might and Magic 3 it's best to use the CM-32L ROMs rather than the MT-32 ROMs. so put
into main DOSBox folder.
4. Go to your DOSBox folder. Under "TOOLS" folder click on "Run DOSBox configuration" file and scroll down to check "[midi]" section. Make sure you have this setting correct "
5. Mount your M&M3 folder in DOSBox and run install.exe. Select option 1 for graphics and option 1 (Roland LAPC-1) for sound. Save and run the game. Use CTRL+F12 to speed the game if it is too slow.
Last edited by Dark Savant; August 29th, 2013 at
. Reason: updated guide
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Forgotten Realms
View Public Profile
Send a private message to Dark Savant
Find More Posts by Dark Savant