View Single Post

August 26th, 2013, 01:46
Originally Posted by joxer View Post
From metacritic about the console version:
http://www.metacritic.com/game/plays…of-agarest-war

Thanks Ghostlight on your work, butů This smells like endless respawn grinder with almost no story. I'm definetly skipping it.
I'm like the reviewer, a sucker for SRPGs so I got this too for my PS3 (if it's the same RoAW game I remember, there are so many versions, like 1, 2 and Omega or Zero or something). It's not that enemies respawn at all if I remember correctly, but the map has a bunch of points you follow, between two 'event' points or nodes, there are between 2 and 4 'battle' points, so you fight a lot of tactical battles (and they're not short, each one can take around 15 minutes). After you finish a node you don't have to fight there again (unless you want to, I think it asks you if you want to fight). There is a story, with different paths and decisions, but it's just too many fights.

Also, depending on the version of the game, the 'free day-0 DLC' can ruin your game in that it makes it too easy (I remember free DLCs I could get but didn't that was like 100K gold, or a suit of mega something armor, which made all battles for the first several hours of the game trivial). It's like they were experimenting with the DLC system or something, I don't see the point of making the game a roflstomp.

wolfing

Wonders what SasqWatch is