View Single Post

August 28th, 2013, 14:30
Originally Posted by elikal View Post
EDIT: Ok watched the trailer now. It seems even Aventuria isn't the fairy tale world I knew it in my youth. Sigh. Back then it was an everlasting present time, never really changing, always with benevolent Emperor Hal ruling and just some mystery. Then… they thought they had to bring epic scale destruction to Aventuria. To bring drama of Apocalypses. sigh…. I wish Aventuria had remained that fairy tale place of my youth. But then, I feel the same about Batman comics.

All this gloom and doom people love so much these days… I dislike it.
Didn't you read my entries about the last TDE games here yet ? In them, I explained everything. Just take a look at the Drakensang sub-forums.

Meanwhile Borbarad's invasion was an great event, I never really liked - although planned by the team, then, that Tobria should become an area filled with Horror. An horror-themepark, so to say.

Only in the recent times - more than 10 years after the original event ! - there has been attempts to reduce that - through the "Splitterdämmerung" meta-campaign.

Since then, there have roughly been 2 kinds of TDE players :

- Those who like the "old Aventuria" in the way that you descrivbed it, complete with an strong fairy-tale touch
- those who came to TDE AFTER Borbarad's invasion, where everything was "dark & gritty" now. Of course, they don't want "the old Aventuria" to come back again, because "Greyturia" is the way they know TDE.

Originally Posted by Kordanor View Post
But for the english speaking guys some snippets from it:
I wrote down a few "first impressions" in my RPC thread.

"Blackguards" ( no German title for an TDE game, which is an absolute novelty ! ) is basically an TB game about bunch of criominals on the run, who "accidentally save the world", according to the preview.

“ Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage – to move in the opposite direction.“ (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR