View Single Post

August 29th, 2013, 01:02
Originally Posted by mogwins View Post
Aw man, don't tell me I should be playing the HoM&M games too?! I've always ignored them in the past because, well, they're not M&M games. (Silly, I know.)
The HoMM games are similar. The tactical battles are similar in that your hero has an army, and when there is a battle, a big tactical map comes up and each unit and your hero (and possibly an enemy hero) move in turns until a side is defeated. The main difference is outside. In KB, the outdoor game is real time unless you pause it. In HoMM it's turn based. Also in HoMM you control towns, and each town gives you money, army and bonuses, while in KB towns are just there for you to buy/sell stuff and talk to its ruler to do quests.

After you're done with the KB games, you can play the HoMM games. I would skip HoMM1 (too old and no real story). Play HoMM 2 then HoMM 3 which is almost universally considered the best of the series. I would skip HoMM 4 which is (by me) considered the very worst of the series. Then 5 and 6 I liked but some people didn't, so it's more of a personal thing.

wolfing

Wonders what SasqWatch is