View Single Post

August 29th, 2013, 18:35
I rate the 2nd one as one of those odd gems. Kinda the game I would tell you about if you already played Divine Divinity and Arcanum and look for more.

The first game didn't rock my boat and I was fairly disappointed, but the 2nd game improved pretty much everything that I lacked from the first. More open. Lots of exploration, sidequests and developing companions. The expansion was a letdown though. It offered closure (the real ending) but it was let down since it went back to linear hack & slash where your companions wen't back to be henchmens, nothing more.

Dungeon Siege 3 was a very enjoyable game but it help to see it as a completely separate game from the first two. I say it's closest neighbor is Jade Empire and Dungeon Siege 3 is on many levels a better game. It's also best controlled with an XBox 360 controller so skip the mouse/keyboard if you can. Beneath the action it have a pretty good story and storytelling and quite good music as well. While it's no Baldur's Gate II it's much better than people gives it credit for. The expansion was pretty enjoyable as well.

Mankind must put an end to war or war will put an end to mankind. - John F Kennedy
An eye for an eye, and soon the whole world is blind. - Mahatma Gandhi
The world is my country. To do good is my religion. My mind is my own church. This simple creed is all we need to enjoy peace on earth. - Thomas Paine

JemyM

Okay, now roll sanity.

Send a message via ICQ to JemyM Send a message via MSN to JemyM