View Single Post

August 29th, 2013, 21:42
I read Starship Troopers some time back and found it pretty good, too. Stranger in a Strange Land I read about half-way in and then just stopped — couldn't get into it.

Finished Foundation, continuing with Foundation & Empire. A pity the stories are so short and lacking detail compared to what I'm used to now (Culture series!). Well, you could also call it short and sweet. The focus is different from "normal stories" and the subject matter itself is lots of fun!

@Jaz: Sounds awful. Luckily, I'm reading it in English.

With tight deadlines, it's not always possible for translators to read everything before they do the translation. And how should they know what happens in sequels if they are not out yet? The German translator for the Malazan Book of the Fallen also had to make decisions without knowing the full story, but from what I read he could at least ask the author about some things that were unclear.

"Mystery is important. To know everything, to know the whole truth, is dull. There is no magic in that. Magic is not knowing, magic is wondering about what and how and where." ~ Cortez, from The Longest Journey

Arhu

Feline Wizard
RPGWatch Team