View Single Post

August 30th, 2013, 11:22
Originally Posted by Moorkh View Post
Kickstarter link? Or is that just part of the game title?
The kickstarter doesn't start till next month. This is more like an introduction to get the word out. It explains right on the webpage I linked to.

I'll change the title so no one will get confused.
Hey Guys, some of you may be aware already but Druid Gameworks is getting ready to run our first (and hopefully only) Kickstarter campaign to raise the needed funds for our project budget. While we've been fortunate enough to secure committed private investors to lend their coins to the pile it isn't enough to cover every expense a project like this requires.

If successful, our Kickstarter campaign will allow us to license additional hardware and software we require, like SpeedTree! SpeedTree is a program that creates high quality plant life quickly while keeping the models optimized for the best gameplay performance. It integrates with our engine seamlessly, and will shave weeks off our development time as our engine allows us to paint the SpeedTrees right into our world with a brush stroke! But a commercial game license isn't cheap for any software especially across three platforms, we're going to need some help. Your pledges will also allow us to hire additional artists to boost our workflow and as a result, get the finished game to your waiting hands even faster! Imagine being able to chew up a new breed of RPG game this time next year! A game made for gamers by gamers, with no pesky publishing moguls to curb the development, and rich in unique features to make happy gamers!

With your support, we can make this happen!

Our Kickstarter is set to run on September 15th and during our campaign we will be revealing the first glimpses of our game world. We have been busily prototyping the City of Fearn, one of seven major and unique cities in Unwritten: Echoes of Twilight.

"It's quite simple my word is the law around here, and failure to comply means termination."

RPGWatch News Editor & Moderator
Last edited by Couchpotato; August 30th, 2013 at 11:36.

Couchpotato

Evil Potato Overlord
RPGWatch Team