View Single Post

September 15th, 2013, 14:05
The human brain is part of the same universe it perceives, doomed to repeat it's own patterns. When the brain study nature, it studies itself. When it invents, its main inspiration is itself. Despite all advancements, even our most technical inventions end up organic, extensions of the human condition.

Our consciousness is trapped in the human condition but cannot perceive beyond this condition. It can never experience the world as the Hawk, or smell the world like a Dog. We do not only lack the eyes and nose, we lack the brain to comprehend the information. Even among humans we cannot share each-others experience completely. If you are not autistic, colorblind, schizophrenic or synesthetic, that realm of experience is beyond you.

Descriptions of "God" comes from a human perspective. It usually a mirror of human emotions, human feelings or human limitations. At best a mirror of our dreams and hopes, at worst our petty fears and prejudices.

We are limited in power. God is omnipotent.
We are limited in knowledge. God is all knowing.
We are limited in space. God is omnipresent.
We are trapped in a body. God is immaterial.
We are fallible, God is not.

Yet someone else's God is as fallible as themselves. Petty. Unjust.

Some of us wish to escape our human condition. Our wish to be something more than we can be. Our wish to find meaning in empty space. A soul in a soul-less condition. A hero to keep the darkness at bay. A faith and hope that humans are at the center of the universe. The part of it that we can perceive. With our brains.

Mankind must put an end to war or war will put an end to mankind. - John F Kennedy
An eye for an eye, and soon the whole world is blind. - Mahatma Gandhi
The world is my country. To do good is my religion. My mind is my own church. This simple creed is all we need to enjoy peace on earth. - Thomas Paine

JemyM

Okay, now roll sanity.

Send a message via ICQ to JemyM Send a message via MSN to JemyM