View Single Post

September 23rd, 2013, 21:10
Finished The Robots of Dawn. Enjoyable read, although IMHO not quite as enjoyable as the Foundation series. Next in line will be Foundation's Edge and Foundation and Earth, which I'm quite looking forward to. But for now, my current Sci-Fi phase is nearing its end and it's back to Fantasy again!

The days are getting shorter, Winter is coming, and this year I want to try and read lots of cozy books I have never read before:
  • Middle Earth novels, which since the movies mean Xmas to me, i.e. 1. Hobbit, 2. Silmarillion, 3. Children of Húrin, 4. Lord of the Rings.
  • The Neverending Story.
  • The Last Unicorn.
  • Harry Potter.
(Ok, I have read LotR, of course, although i didn't enjoy the German translation too much).

While we are still one or two months away from the really cold nights, though, I have started reading an intriguing fantasy series aimed at young adults:

Ranger's Apprentice by John Flanagan. I have to say, after one book, it's jolly good fun! It reminded me a lot of Raymond Feist's Magician: Apprentice — but with a Ranger, my favorite class in RPGs. How cool is that? Coming-of-age story with some Hell, Yeah! moments.

"Mystery is important. To know everything, to know the whole truth, is dull. There is no magic in that. Magic is not knowing, magic is wondering about what and how and where." ~ Cortez, from The Longest Journey

Arhu

Feline Wizard
RPGWatch Team