View Single Post

September 24th, 2013, 17:49
Originally Posted by Toff View Post
This is my favorite thread on here. I've discovered quite a few authors that I had never heard of that I like quite a bit.

I'm on the 6th book of the Iron Druid series now. Still a fun read but I am ready for a different direction. I got the first book of Steven Eriksons epic but found that I am just not in the mood for it at the moment so I just picked up The Black Company which I had never heard of. So many good choices out there, I love it.
The music thread is similarly enlightening. The trick is to figure out which people have tastes similar to yours.

As for the Malazan stuff, that first book is difficult. Erikson throws you into the middle of a very detailed world with next-to-no introduction. The story itself was good, which is a good thing because I think I was half way thru the book before I was able to start putting pieces of the bigger picture together. That aspect, at least, has gotten better as the books go on. I've got book 5 (or 6?) waiting on me now.

Sorry. No pearls of wisdom in this oyster.
Dallas Cowboys: Still afraid to hope / / Detroit Red Wings: Another rollercoaster season?

dteowner

Shoegazer