View Single Post

September 27th, 2013, 00:23
Originally Posted by jhwisner View Post
That nobody seems to watch? You're basing this on what? Sopranos had per episode US viewership as high as 13.4 million. That's comparable in terms of gross viewers to some recent seasons of the current most popular broadcast shows like the big bang theory, despite being on a premium network and from an earlier year. Sex and the City didn't have quite the same peak viewership, but its finale did make it to number 77 of the top 100 most watched airings on TV of all time.
yep, those are some pretty good numbers in this day and age. it takes awhile though I noticed to get decent numbers for a cable show even when its hyped. in the case of Netflix and its new shows I'm guessing they don't need as many numbers, so long as they're tracking you.

I'm wondering with binge show direct viewing if we could see the end of commercials and product placement (in theory) like cable tried to hype itself onetime.

I wonder if they quite realize that they they can dispense with episodic type series. If your binge watching why does everything need to be broken up into 1/2 hour - 1 hour long segments? Why not continuous play?

Developer of The Wizard's Grave Android game. Discussion Thread:
http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22520

Lucky Day

Daywatch